Extracting CBD oil out of any oil isn’t a challenging task. However, if you’re doing so, you should always consider the taste, quality, and preservation qualities too. Numerous studies have shown that CBD has therapeutic properties that are effective for the treatment of certain diseases. Cannabis olive oil can be a good alternative …
CBD Olive Oil Extraction Method
CBD or Cannabidiol has shown promising prominence in multiple medical applications. The compound has garnered enough popularity –from offering pain relief to relieving anxiety, to almost every ailment in between. There are, of course, some surprising factors,which makes CBD gain enough popularity as a dominant natural cure in the recent world. But what’s more fascinating is its extraction procedure.
While there are different methods of extracting CBD, here we will guide you with the simplest method. But before presenting the nitty-gritty of the method, let’s take a look at the benefits of performing olive oil CBD extraction.
Why Use Olive Oil for CBD Oil Extraction?
Extracting CBD oil out of any oil isn’t a challenging task. However, if you’re doing so, you should always consider the taste, quality, and preservation qualities too. In this respect, olive oil happens to be an excellent choice due to its inherent flavor. Moreover, olive oil is go-to cooking oil. The cbd olive oil for skin is used popularly among the fans. In addition to that, olive oil can also be used in multiple recipes.
Now that you’ve been given a clear verdict about performing CBD extraction with olive oil, here’s presenting the process.
First– Preparing The Bud
This step is performed in order to infuse the homemade CBD oil,. The cbd olive oil infused step requires making the oil from cannabis buds. In this method, you require a CBD strain of cannabis and initiate preparing the bud. To do so, you can either grind it or decarboxylate it. Upon this, you have to decarb the bud by putting it in the oven’s baking sheet. Setting it roughly to 250˚F would be fine.
Alternatively, you can grind the bud in powder. This lets cannabinoids to easily leach out in hot oil, thereby giving you the allowance of skipping the decarboxylating step.
Second – Steeping Cannabis in Oil
The CBD olive oil extractionis a simple method where you require deciding the olive oil type. While extra virgin olive oil might be too expensive, thanks to the nicest taste it offers. However, when cooked at a high temperature, the extra virgin olive oil might develop a bitter taste. Make a half olive oil and half water mixture in a saucepan. Upon making the mixture, you must add the already prepared CBD cannabis buds. You should start heating at low settings and stir the oil-water mixture. Upon hitting 200˚F of boiling temperature, allow the prepared mixture to simmer gently.
Third – Cooling and Separating olive oil infused in CBD
Upon the completion of CBD oil extraction from cannabis buds, you should require cooling the whole thing. Until it reaches room temperature, you should not proceed any further. The next thing that you require is storing the cbd olive oil tincture in a jar or lid. This will leave you with a pot of the CBD-enriched olive oil alongside some leftovers. Using these leftovers for garnishing would be a fair enough idea. The last you require doing is storing the sealed pot for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Once it is completely cooled, the olive oil will coagulate with a formation of denser CBD oil. While the oil will be separated out along the top, the water contrarily will be placed along the bottom.
Despite the complex appearance, CBD oil nothing but the infused olive oil. With a little bit of heat, some great kitchen utensils, and a bit of patience, performing these aforementioned steps would be easy to get dispensary-worthy CBD oil.
© 2022 | All Rights Reserved
How to make cannabis olive oil rich in CBD
Olive oil, just like almond oil, is an excellent solvent that allows extracting and preserving the resin present in the trichomes, which is loaded with cannabinoids. Another potential benefit of this method is that it leaves no chemical residues in the final product, unlike other extraction methods.
To develop cannabis oil rich in quality CBD there are a number of factors you should consider:
- Quality of the raw material: the cannabis from which you are going to make the oil has to be of high quality and free of chemicals or toxic products that could harm your health. To do this we recommend that cannabis flowers come from organic cultivation, free of pesticides or chemical fertilisers.
- Oil and storage: We recommend using first-pressing organic virgin olive oil and keeping the final product in small glass containers.
- CBD rich varieties: to benefit from the therapeutic properties of CBD you should choose strains containing this cannabinoid. We recommend you:
with a ratio 1:2, THC: CBD 5% to 10% with a ratio 1:1, 10% THC and CBD 10%
What properties does the CBD have?
The therapeutic benefits of CBD or cannabidiol have been extensively tested by various scientific studies indicating that this substance, present in the composition of Sativa Cannabis, has the following medicinal properties.
- Anticonvulsant properties
- It is effective against muscle spasticity
- Anxiolytic and antipsychotic
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory
Some studies also indicate that cannabis can contribute to the treatment of psoriasis, as its D9-THCA, CBN and CBD inhibit keratinocyte proliferation, one of the consequences of this disease.
How to make cannabis olive oil rich in CBD?
Since the life of oil is limited, we recommend using small amounts and most important, keeping it in a tightly closed glass container and in a cool place.
To prepare the oil you will need.
- 5 Grams of Purple Orange CBD marijuana buds
- 50 Ml of organic olive oil
- 1 Glass container with lid
- a container vessel
- 1 colander
- 1 pot
Follow these simple steps.
- Half fill a saucepan with water and heat slowly over a low heat.
- Pour the olive oil into the saucepan and add the marijuana buds. Since water cannot exceed a temperature of 100 degrees Celsius, with this method you will ensure that the temperature of the cannabis does not exceed 150 degrees, which is the temperature at which some cannabinoids begin to evaporate.
- With the help of a wooden spatula, stir the cannabis flowers and mix with the oil.
- Leave the saucepan over a very low heat for an hour, stirring the contents occasionally.
- After 60 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the contents have cooled, place the saucepan in the refrigerator and leave to cool until the oil solidifies. In this way you will be able to easily separate this from the water, which will remain in liquid form.
- Once you have separated the oil, leave it outside the refrigerator at room temperature so that it returns to its liquid state.
- Finally, sieve the resulting oil through a fine sieve to remove the woody material.
Kushka Barcelona-born journalist and grower with a curious spirit. I used to spend my life travelling, writing and working with cannabis clubs until Professor OG called me. My two passions, the plant and the writing, have followed the same path ever since. I absolutely love tricky subjects, those that oblige me to spend days buried in books, investigating and driving the entire technical team crazy. There’s no way I can write a story without going into the issue in depth. I enjoy challenges, but even more sharing them with you on our blog. You can find on instagram at @_kushka.
- Cannabis activism
- Hot news
- Cannabis Genetics
- Cannabis Growing
- Growing techniques
- Trimming techniques
- Biological prevention
- Organic Growing
- Indoor Growing
- Outdoor Growing
- Grow Reports
- Nutrients and fertilizers
- Medical Cannabis
- Weed Recipes
- Risk reduction
Most popular posts
Can marijuana lead to addiction?
Differences between cannabis and hemp
Cannabis types and varieties
Don’t miss any posts!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up-to-date with the latests cannabis news.
Follow us on Social Media
- Weed Recipes
5 ways to recycle cannabis trim after harvest
- Medical Cannabis
How and why cannabis could rejuvenate the brain
- Cannabis Genetics
New 2017 strains: discover our new high-CBD cannabis seeds
- Weed Recipes
Accompany Your Christmas Evenings with This Winter Cannabis Punch
Comments from our readers
Hey! I followed the steps exactly, but now my olive oil won’t solidify in the fridge nor when I put in freezer temporarily. It’s the strangest thing. Usually when the oil solidifies in videos I’ve seen of this process it looks like a layer of fat, solid and whitish. But mine doesn’t solidify in fridge and when I freeze it for a bit to get the temp lower while pulling it out before the water freezes the oil has a icy/crystalline texture. Very confusing. Any advice?
I want to make your CBD olive oil recipe using purple orange that I grew organically outdoors this year. My question is how much CBD/thc will be in the oil? Just wondering how much to take.
Read comments in other languages:
Did you like this post?
Your opinion about our seeds is very important to us and can help other users a lot (your email address won’t be made public).
Any doubts? Contact us!
Customer Service: Monday to Friday from 09:00 am to 04:00 pm (Central European Time)
- Having problems with the purchase process?
- Any doubts about the shipping methods?
- Any questions regarding your order?
- Having problems with your seeds?
- Need technical assistance?
- Want more information about Dinafem Seeds?
- Anything you’d like to share with us?
- Do not hesitate to send us any comments or suggestions you may have.
We are unable to process any orders until further notice
We are very sorry to inform you that, against our will, we are now unable to engage in any commercial activity. We are working round the clock to resume normal activity as soon as possible, but we still don’t know when we’ll be able to operate normally.
We’ll keep you informed of any developments.
Thank you very much for your trust.
- Payment methods:
- Secured by:
- Delivery companies:
Terms and Conditions
News and discounts
In seed orders that total more than €80‚ paid by credit card, will qualify for FREE SHIPPING
- © 2022 Dinafem Seeds | Pot Sistemak, S.L. – Aldamar Kalea 32, 20003 Donostia, Gipuzkoa – Tax no. B20743530
We refuse to sell cannabis seeds to anyone who we believe is going to use them to grow cannabis in countries where it is illegal. Follow us on social media to get details on when it becomes legal in different countries
Before contacting us, please confirm you’ve read and accept the following data protection information
Information on the protection of our CONTACTS’ personal data